Sunday, July 3, 2011

Rock Beach


We had super weather yesterday (really super-duper for the English seaside) and spent the afternoon at Rock beach where the tide was waaaaay out (the boats lay on their sides in inches of water). We piddled and paddled and sloshed through the tide pools until the sand had adequately rubbed our two toddler heinies raw.

That evening we rung up a proper English nanny and headed out for a dinner at the St. Moritz hotel where we enjoyed cocktails (The Bean had a margarita in a martini glass - I still don't know what to make of this) and a stupendous dinner (raw oysters, mussels in a light broth, tender lamb neck, chips fried in goose fat (yes, Eliza...goose fat, read it and weep...Kristine insists they were worth the day's calories), and a dessert of mixed cheese, the names of which
really drove home the fact we have moved, I recognized nary a one of them.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh...I like the fact that they distinguish vegetarian rennet from regular!

-Tara

Leef said...

You forced us to look up 'rennet.' Smartypants.