Yesterday was 'Moving Up Day,' as they call it here, a chance for children at the Cambridge International School to meet their teachers and explore the classrooms for the Fall term. H
Charlotte will be in class with Mrs. Ransome, very sweet woman (top). Harry will be with Mrs. Butcher (right).
Harry was very clingy when we arrived, clutching my hand and turning his head 180 degrees from Mrs. Butcher when she greeted him. I explained he'd be reserved for a while, but Mrs. Butcher, who has been a teacher for a decade, gave me a wry smile (more like 'sure sure mom, why don't you see how the pros do it') . Minutes later she was on the floor with Harry, playing with Bob the Builder toys. He was warming, explaining to her the very clear differences ('you silly!') between Farmer Pickles and Pilchert the cat. I allowed myself some hope that she'd break the ice. Still, I was
Charlotte was her regular self, dressed in a pretty new sundress from John Lewis and full of moxie. She was all about gluing macaroni and playing outside on the trikes. Miss Independent through-and-through. No need for mom's hand what-so-ever.
Before we left we met another very nice mum whose son is in Charlotte's class and has off
Personally, I'm just excited about the warmth and friendliness oozing from the teachers and the opportunity for the kids to be exposed to so many new things (academically and otherwise). Oh...and the adorable uniforms (let's not forget about THAT)!
I've included a few photos of the duck pond and 'sand pit' (or as you'd know it...the sandbox) behind the school. It's set on the very lovely Cherry Hinton park. It's a kid's paradise.
No comments:
Post a Comment